What a pleasurable experience it is to get those carbonated-drink cans and gulp the soothing but fizzy content down your throat. These carbonated drinks have been our favourites since the very beginning of their evolution. Also, they have made quite an influence on the taste buds of humans.
But do you know that these fizzy and carbonated drinks are one of the leading causes of diabetes and heart diseases in human beings? That is because these sugary sodas have a high content of added sugars and artificial sweeteners that trigger the obesity conditions in the human body. Even the brands that claim to sell the liquid fruit juices such as orange juice or guava juice etc. add a high amount of sugar and other sweeteners to offer your favourite juices an appealing taste.
You would be very well aware of the consequences that these soda drinks, unnatural fruit juices, unwanted sugars, artificial sweeteners and other chemicals could do to your body. That is why we have brought for you some healthy alternatives of the same delicious liquids, but without any harmful contents.
• Iced Teas: One of the healthiest alternatives and a delightful drink that could rejuvenate you from inside is iced tea. This all-home preparation requires not hefty procedures and yet, is enough to rejuvenate your senses anywhere and at any time. You could prepare it in a big batch to be kept refrigerated and serve it chilled with a squeeze of lemon in it. Even green teas that have flavours could also serve as an alternative to your canned, harmful so-called-refreshers.
• Iced Coffee: Of course cold coffee is in no requirement of any introduction, but it too could have elements that disturb your sleep, especially when consumed at night. As an alternative, you could make use of organic green coffee juice. It is the extract from green coffee beans and is safe, even when consumed chilled or at peak hours of the night.
• Fruit and Vegetable Juice: You have all the knowledge of the benefits of various fruit juices such as blueberry juice, cranberry juice, noni juice and black cherry juice etc. But still, you resist its usage since you find fizzy drinks more delicious. But remember, these fruit juice could fulfil all your needs of taste and health and could overtake the place of those carbonated ones, once you discover how beneficial they are for the body. Even the juice from vegetable such as avocado, celery and cucumber etc. serve a better alternative when seasoned or have a squeeze of lemon in them.
• Coconut Water: Not just something that quenches your thirst, or need of just a drink, but coconut water is full of electrolytes which are highly helpful in body functioning. That is why the unsweetened and non-chemical natural drink is one of the best options to satisfy your search for a delicious and healthy drink. It is a lot more beneficial at the peak of summers to quench your thirst.
• Enhanced Water: Bored with drinking the simple still or sparkling, mineral water? Here is a healthy alternative to enhance your simple ‘universal liquid’. All you need to do is cut a few pieces of juicy fruits such as peaches, melons and berries and add them to your regular water. Enhance its taste more with the use of natural herbs such as mint, basil and celery etc. For an extra bit of fun, add lemon juice and top it with ice. This beautiful preparation is efficient enough to satisfy your thirst and is so enchanting that you would forget those carbonated, commercial refreshers. Simple to prepare at home, this is also a healthy alternative to the plain water.
• Flavoured Milk: If you wish to satisfy your hunger too with the drinks you make in summer, there could be no better alternative than flavoured milk. For simple preparations, you could add bits of vanilla, dates, and powdered cinnamon and even dry fruits in your milk. Or for a bit more, blend your milk with natural fruits such as strawberries and bananas that serve to be efficient for satisfying your appetite too.
Instead of those unhealthy so-called-fruit-drinks, use of these simple home preparation, and your summers would turn more delightful than they used to be with the carbonated refreshers.