Wearing all sorts of warm clothes to cover your body, almost up with a runny nose, holding a cup of a hot tea or
coffee and praying for the chilly winds to give way to the spring; this is a very viable scenario in months of winters.
Winter season is a choice of very few, as it could be devastating in the form of cold snow and chilly winds that accompanies it. Added to it, it requires extra protection on your body to save yourself from symptoms such as cough, cold, flu, sneezes, runny nose and watery eyes etc.
Hot coffee is almost a universal elixir in the cold months of winter that helps to keep your body warm and protect it from the peril of chilly weather. Apart from this worldwide sipping element, you could also make use of some other natural juices that, apart from keeping you warm in the winters, would prohibit the hazards of various respiratory ill-effects as mentioned above.
Here are some of the natural juices that are handy as warm drinks too in the chilly winters:
- Beetroot Juice: Beetroots are an immense source of various antioxidants that support the functioning of different parts of the human body. You can take this juice warm or at normal room temperature, in almost any month of the year to benefit your body with the same. Like a warm drink, you could juice the beetroots or obtain the commercially available organic Beetroot juice, heat it in a pan and flavour it a bit with salt and pepper. A few sips of this healthy drink would eliminate innumerable body-troubles and also, the perils from cold.
- Carrot Juice: Known to be a fruitful source of Beta Carotenes and imperative antioxidant Vitamin A, carrot juice could also be used as a warm drink to benefit your body from the cold. When seasoned with a bit of salt and spices, the natural juice tends to provide benefit to the respiratory tract and cures the symptoms of a cold.
- Turmeric Juice: The Asian spice turmeric, which adds much of taste, flavour and colour to the foods, is known to be warm by nature. That is why the turmeric juice, which we obtained from the succulent roots of the plant, could be an efficient source to keep you warm in the chilly winter. Otherwise, you could take the grounded spice and add it to other natural juices for keeping your body warm in the winters. Turmeric also has many anti-bacterial properties within itself.
- Spinach Juice: The very name of the veggie might bring out a frown on your face, but spinach is an immense source of healthy nutrients for the human body benefits. While you do not like the chopped and cooked portions of it, you could turn it into Spinach Juice, which could be heated and spiced up to form a warm and healthy winter drink. The juice would also help to restore the content of iron in the body, apart from thumping the perils of frigid weather.
- Ginger Juice: Of course you cannot drink a full glass of the juice made from pungent ginger, but this repelling spice gets used to enhance the taste and health of other natural juices. While you prepare for yourself a hot soup from tomatoes, onions or spinach etc. add a bit of ginger juice to the same, and you would never imagine the flavour that it could offer. Also, ginger eliminates minor body problems such as cold, cough and flu etc.
- Celery Juice: Juice from the celery is also a good preparation that would eliminate the troubles of cold weather from the human body. You could also take in a warm form seasoned with a bit of salt, black pepper and ginger juice etc.
All these natural juice reduce the effect of frosty weather and bring back the warmth in your body (the literal one, as you might consider the pun intended).