Omega Acids have received much of a marketing hype recently and rightly so, as these are the fatty acids that play a crucial role in functioning at the cellular level. Omega acids also help in making up of cell membranes, checking the functioning of the nervous system, keeping the cholesterol in balance and also eliminating inflammations in the body.
However, most of the people are under an impression, that omega oils are obtained only from the seafood viz. fishes and other non-vegetarian products and the vegans stand no chance in getting these.
In contrast to this, almost all the Omega fatty acids could be obtained from vegetarian sources as well. They are purely obtained from the bosom of nature.
Natural Sources Of Omega Acids:
Some of the best sources of omega fatty acids for vegans are:
• Flax Seeds: Flax seeds are the best vegetarian sources of omega acid, and an ounce of these could contain about 6388 mg of the imperative elements. You could also make use of flaxseed oils for fulfilling the requirements in the body.
• Chia and Hemp Seeds: These are also some of the potent sources of omega acids that you could also use in the form of oils. The seeds could also provide imperative dietary fibres and minerals for the body functioning.
• Sea Greens: Sea Greens are probably among the most potent sources of Omega 3 and also contain a fair amount of DHA and EPA. You could obtain them in a powdered form to consume them as supplements, and various Healthy Green Liquid Blends are also available which contain a considerable amount of sea greens such as Spirulina and Chlorella etc.
• Berries: Berries are a potent source to antioxidants, minerals and vitamins, and they also offer a good amount of omega acids. Therefore these are one of the readily available sources for the vegetarians. Among these, blueberries are the top providers of the nutrients, and you could also take organic blueberry juice for getting the Omega acid benefits in your body.
• Green Leafy Veggies: Even the green veggies that you hate in your plate provide a good amount of omega acids. Among these, spinach is one of the potent sources providing 352 mg of omega acids when taken a cooked, in about a cup of it.
Amount Of Omega Acids Required For The Body:
The recommended daily value of Omega Acids for adult males is about 1.6 grams per day and about 1.1 grams per day in case of females. The stipulated intake of these with the food would result in a healthy body, while their lack could result in some hazardous disorders.
Omega 3 inside the body gets converted into fatty acids namely docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). These are also the vital sources of energy and efficient functioning of the body. Therefore, if you are a pure vegan and suspect even the medicated supplements for getting the imperative omega acids, these natural sources are the ones which could offer you all that you need at a single source.