The sultry summers could drain your body fluids and leave you exhausted to a limit that you would feel like going into a deep slumber, instead of concentrating on your jobs. But lucky are human beings, who have the blessings of Mother Nature in the form of nourishments with which, they could defeat even the most heated summer conditions.
The summer heat could increase the temperature of your body which sneaks rapidly to your mind. This, in turn, gets you to your nerves and is better known as ‘stress of the summers’. To beat this inner body-heat and to present the ‘cool-you’ before others, it is necessary to have an appropriate diet.
However, when sultry conditions make it hard to eat solids, people rely more on fluids for the replenishment of the lost content. More often, you would yourself go for those ‘fizzy colas’ that are more of carbonated waters than natural liquids.
These carbonated drinks contain a high amount of sugars which have all the chances of inducing obesity and thereby diabetes in the human body. Carbonated drinks could also cause bloating of stomach and flatulence etc. conditions which could be more painful than the heated summers.
That is why you need to kick out the heat in your body with some natural drinks that you can prepare at home. Some of these liquids to defeat the heat in your body are:
• Watermelon Juice: The highly succulent watermelon, which is one of the favourite fruits in the scorching summer heat, could be tapped to extract its rich and delicious juice. The extract that you get is a reddish liquid that is extremely cool to drink and an immensely healthy alternative to provide nutrients to your body. You could also add a bit of flavour to it in the form of salt, black pepper, lime juice and ginger etc. to turn it a more healthy and refreshing drink.
• Honey and Lemon Juice: To defeat your body stress and get relief from the sultry summers, you could make a refreshing drink by adding a squeeze of lemon to water and enriching it with some drops of honey. This drink has innumerable body benefits such as killing heat-effects, detoxifying the body and even helps in reduction of body-weight.
• Pomegranate Juice: The bloody-red liquid from the cool and sweet pomegranate fruit is highly helpful to punch the heat from your body, which enters from the surroundings. Pomegranate Juice provides multiple vitamins and minerals to the body, apart from offering relief from the stress and fatigue due to heat.
• Buttermilk: What could be better than the cool and tasty buttermilk, when you look to satisfy your hunger and thirst with the help of a single product? You could easily prepare it at home or obtain it from a local dairy. The taste of this could be enhanced further when you flavour it with salt, some spices and a bit of herb.
• Cucumber Juice: ‘As cool as a cucumber’, the phrase is not meant just for literature. The cool veggie-cum-salad consists of 95 per cent water, and the juice from this could be highly helpful to kill the effects of heat. This natural liquid too could be flavoured for more fruitful benefits in terms of taste and health.
• Coconut Water: How cool it would be to kill the effects of heat with the natural liquid that requires no vessel, and has an utterly natural container which can provide soothing and tasty liquid. Coconut water is a great source to kill the effects of heat, and it is a beneficial source of electrolytes too for the body.
However, nothing could replace the place of water in summers, and you should try to take as much water as you could, which keeps the body clean and also lessens the effect of scorching heat in the surroundings.