Very closely related to the mango fruits, African Bush Mangoes, as the name suggests, are the discovery of ancient East Africans. Scientifically known as Irvingiagabonensis, African bush mangoes may also be known by the names ‘wild mangoes’, ‘African mangoes’, ‘bush mangoes’, ‘dika’ or ‘ogbono’ etc.
As per the native use, these fruits gets dried in the sun, ground to paste or powder and used in various everyday preparations such as soups and bread. Even the seed of the fruit is highly beneficial, which is used to prepare weight-loss supplements.
According to a 2008 study of medical journal ‘Lipids in Health and Diseases’ a test group which received 150 mg of bush mango seed-extracts twice a day, saw a significant reduction in their body obesity, cholesterol and blood glucose level. That has enchanted researchers all over the world. These researches and study have brought weight-reducing properties of the fruit open to the world.
African Bush Mango is said to reduce the human body weight due to the following reasons:
- The nutrients in the Bush Mango are said to raise the level of ‘adiponectin’ in the blood, a chemical which helps to improve the level of insulin in the body. Due to this, it maintains the blood glucose level.
- It is responsible for the reduction in the level of glycerol-3-phosphate, which gets stored in the body as excess fats. These fats could also thicken the blood, leading to symptoms such as blockages, blood clotting, strokes and heart attacks.
- Bush mango is also responsible for reducing the content of reactive proteins in the blood. Due to this, a chemical called leptin gets facilitated into the brain, and it enhances the connection of brain and digestive system.
- Bush Mango reduces the concentration of amylase in the body, which eases the conversion of starch to sugar (It contributes to the sugar level of blood). In turn, the excess starch gets excreted out of the body.
Other forms of African Bush Mango:
As the cultivation of African Bush Mango is limited to only some East-African countries, the fresh fruits are not easy to obtain. In its place, several traditional and commercial preparation of this fruit are available such as:
- African Bush Mango Powder And Paste: The weight-reducing powder contains the seed-extracts of this fruit and could be used as a supplement to prohibit obesity troubles.
- African Bush Mango Juice: One of the prime commercial preparations of this fruit, bush mango juice could be easily obtained from the fresh fruits and serves as an efficient alternative of the fruit.
- African Bush Mango Capsules: You could also make use of bush mango capsules with similar health benefits if you wish to reduce a few inches off your body.