African Bush Mango is scientifically known as IrvingiaGabonensis, and its other common names include ‘wild mango’, ‘African mango’, ‘bush mango’ or ‘dika’. The fruit has the same mango-like appearance but holds a great value due to their fat and protein-rich nuts.
These fruits are common in farms of Western Africa that include countries such as Angola, Congo, Nigeria and Uganda etc. The trees that bear these fruits rise to a height of about 40 meters, while they could have a diameter of about 1 meter.
Similar to the original mango trees, African bush mango trees also bear seasonal flowers that may have a greenish-white tint and fruits appear green even when they ripe. The ripe fruits have a bright orange pulp that is consumed and also can be converted into Bush Mango Juice.
African Bush Mango Juice And Its Nutritional Value:
When researchers came forward with innumerable health benefits from African bush mangoes, these fruits rose in demand all over the world. Its popularity increased even more required when it was successfully concluded that these fruits are capable of shedding bodyweight.
The high demand and the perishable nature of the fruits are not compatible together, and hence, African Bush Mango was sold more often as African Bush Mango Juice. This juice is the same as the original fruit with only its appearance more liquid in nature.
African bush mango juice consists of some vital elements and nutrients that hold extreme importance for the body of human beings. If you take about 100 gram of the edible pulp, its 81% content is made of only water. For the other rest, it contains nutrients such as carbohydrates, fats, proteins and various kinds of vitamins. It also has an amalgamation of some essential minerals such as iron, phosphorus and calcium etc.
The seeds from the African Bush Mango fruits are also edible and have beneficial components. Even the seeds are made up of fats, calcium, iron, carbohydrates and proteins etc.
Benefits Of Drinking African Bush Mango Juice:
Juice extracted out of African Bush Mangoes is a sheer delight to consume, and they have many remedial qualities as well. Some of the benefits of African Bush Mango Juice are:
- As An Effective Body-Weight Shredder: It has been a constant matter of research from scientists all over the world, over the claim that could African Bush Mango Juice assist in weight loss and most of them have found positive results.
- Human Heart Health: African Bush Mango Juice is helpful even with the cholesterol in the blood. It helps to evacuate the extra bit and unhealthy cholesterol from the body that favours heart health greatly.
- Body-Glucose Regulation: Juice from the African bush mango fruit helps regulate the level of blood sugar so that humans stay protected from diseases such as diabetes etc. An extra bit of glucose in the blood could always lead to problems such as kidney failures, heart failures, obesity and heart attacks.
There was a study published in the journal ‘Lipids in Health and Disease’ in the year 2008. In this, a group of people were given about 150 mg of bush mango seed extracts, and at the same time, another group was provided with 150 mg of placebo.
The group that received the bush mango seed extract showed a considerable decrease in its obesity, and other troubles such as high cholesterol level were also reduced to an effective level.
Similar to this, several other studies concluded well about the weight cutting capacity of African mango juice.
Cautions with African Mango Juice:
Though containing a hoard of positive effects, there have been cases where this fruit extract has also lend a bit of trouble to the human body. Some of the disadvantages that could occur while consuming African Mango Juice are:
- It could lead to headaches which last for some time
- This juice is also found to be a disturbance in the natural sleep of humans
- Many times, it has led to digestive troubles such as flatulence, diarrhoea and vomiting etc.
- It is restricted to use in conditions of pregnancy and if you are under some medical supervision. If required, you could consult your doctor before starting the usage of this juice.