Berries such as Goji Berries, Acai Berries, Blueberries and Cherries etc. are now slowly turning out to be an integral part of the fruit industry and in turn, a primary for the modern lifestyle as well.
Among all these, the use of black-tinted Acai berries gives an extreme boost to the human body due to lots of healthy benefits. These are one of the indigenous berries that are common in the rainforests of Amazon. Apart from these areas, it is slowly making a place in farms of some other parts of the world.
Though the name of these berries might sound new, only about few years old, these black-coloured acai berries have existed in the human cultures since many centuries, and their usage occupies a prime place in many remedial as well as culinary preparations.
Nutritional Value of Acai Berries:
Acai Berries are credited to be one of the most enriched sources of various kinds of antioxidants. These are one among the top few rich fruits that help in preventing the free radical damage to the human body and also prevent the oxidative stresses that take place due to them.
Apart from these, Acai Berries are also a great source of essential minerals such as Calcium, Potassium, Iron and Sodium etc.
Health Benefits of Acai Berries:
The researchers have come forward with innumerable health benefits from acai berries that are too good to be resisted. Some of the most important ones from these fruits are as follows:
- Heart Health: Acai Berries are highly rich in a phytochemical known as anthocyanin that aids the health of the human heart. It keeps check on the excessive cholesterol deposition near the heart vicinity so that the human heart remains free of diseases and prohibits symptoms of strokes and heart attacks. Acai Berries also have a good content of plant sterols which help in relaxing the blood vessels, thereby preventing high blood pressure and blood clotting.
- Skin Health: The antioxidants in the acai berries further extend their hand in providing utter benefits to the human skin. These antioxidants are said to reduce symptoms such as redness of the skin, drying of skin and wrinkles. Due to this property of the acai fruits, it has even been used in many cosmetic preparations commercially.
- Aging Effects: Acai berries even have significant beneficial effects in slowing down the ageing process in the human body. The ageing process attributed to the harmful free radicals which are said to deteriorate the capability of human eyes, skin, hair and teeth etc. Acai Berries taken in any form could help in curbing the attack of free radicals, thus keeping a check on the ageing process in humans.
- Digestive Health: Acai Berries contain a balanced amount of digestive fibres which facilitate better digestion in the human body. Due to this, it becomes easier for the body to eliminate the toxins, and you could always remain free of diseases such as diarrhoea and constipation etc.
The increasing demand for these natural fruits has led to the development of many commercial varieties of acai berries, which are supposed to be the healthy derivates from the same healthy berries. Some popular forms of acai berries are:
- Acai Berry Juice: The juice from the succulent acai berries could be easily extracted at low costs, and it is bottled to provide to those areas, where fresh fruits are not available easily. This healthy fruit extract could serve well the purpose you intended and could be an efficient alternative of the fruit.
- Acai Berry Capsules: If the juice from acai berries is not meeting your taste buds well, you could use organic acai berry capsules. They contain healthy extract of the fruit, after heating it to optimum temperatures.
- Acai Berry Powder: The sun-dried acai berries are easy to convert into amorphous forms, and this is called acai berry powder which is more of a solid form. If the other alternatives are not available, you could make use of acai berry powder for the similar benefits from the fruit.