Eyes are one of the most important organs of a human body and any disorder in these could affect the entire functioning of a human. Styes are one such condition that affects a human eye.
Styes could be defined as an infection in the eyes of human beings due to which there could be a lumpy appearance in the inner or outer part of the eyes. Styes are caused mainly due to bacterial infections due to which, apart from a lump, there could be a painful sensation in the eyes.
Causes of Styes:
The major cause of occurrence of styes is the bacteria which attack the human eye. These are caused due to blockage of sebaceous glands in the eye, similar to the conditions such as acne on face and neck etc.
The bacteria may attack the human body through a variety of sources such as poor hygienic habits, lack of efficient diet, excessive eye touching, sharing infected clothes and towels, dehydration or ineffective immune system.
Symptoms And Effects Of Styes:
As already mentioned, styes accompany a lumpy kind of appearance which is generally visible from outside. It is a highly contagious disease and spreads very fast from person to person. Other symptoms that are experienced by an affected person are:
1. Redness of the eye which could prevail for long
2. Painful sensation in the eye
3. Blockage of vision
4. Swelling in the eyes
5. Drooping eyelid
6. Tear generation
7. Excessive secretion of mucous in the eyes
8. Blurred vision
9. Blood generation from the affected area
Remedial Measures For The Styes:
Styes have the capability to spread very fast. Also, if the affected person attempts to force, prick or scratch the eyes, the infection could have a worse incarnation. Therefore, it is required that the affected person follows suitable remedial measures and allows the disease to heal properly in a natural manner. You could use the following methods:
1. Offer a regular wash to the eyes. Washing would eliminate the dirt, germs and secretions from the eyes and help to recover from the disease rather quickly.
2. Follow proper hygiene conditions and stay in clean environment. Do not attempt to touch the eyes every now and then and keep cleaning the eyes with cold water.
3. There are various kinds of medicines available to treat the eyes but homemade remedies are equally effective. You could use some cloves of garlic to extract their juice and this juice could be used in the affected eyes. Garlic has high antibacterial properties which are very helpful in healing styes.
4. Aloe Vera is also a great remedy for the eye infections. You could apply aloe vera gel in the affected eye and also drink aloe vera juice to stay away from other kinds of eye infection.
5. Onion juice could also be applied in the eyes for faster healing effects.
Though styes are not a very complicated kind of disease, it could be really harmful if ignored. Therefore, offer proper care to the eyes when you encounter this so that a quick recovery could be made.