Here we are providing some helpful double duty beauty tips that every woman should know.
1. You can use wax based lip balm to domesticate your eyebrows. It is useful to keep your eyebrow hairs in place for the entire day.
2. Use eyeliner to fill in thin hair or over-pluckedeyebrows. However, keep in mind to apply a lighter touch as compared to eyebrow pencils.
3. To handle or tame frizz and fly-aways, apply hairspray using old toothbrush.
4. You can substitute bronzers for brown eyeshadows and vice-versa if you are running short of either.
5. To increase the volume of lashes, use baby powder in between coats of mascara.
6. To prepare lip tint at home, prepare a mixture of Vaseline or lipgloss and blush or eyeshadow.
7. To hide split ends, apply aquaphor on it
8. You can also use lip gloss or lipstick as a cheek tint.
9. To get smooth legs and hydrated skin, use conditioner instead of shaving cream
10. To get a long lasting effect, apply Vaseline before using your perfume.
11. You can also use an eye shadow stick as an eye liner to get the classic smokey eye.
12. In order to avoid lipstick from feathering or bleeding, apply concealer or a highlighter around lips. It will also give an illusion of poutier lips if the cupid’s bow are highlighted.
13. Rosebud lotion or Vaseline helps to get moist glow on cheeks.
14. To get a tan look on legs or hands without sunburn during summer, apply mixture of cracked or old bronzer and lotion.
15. If you don’t have time to visit a saloon, apply eyshadow or mascara on the hair roots. Additionally, to get an illusion of thicker locks apply matching mascara or eyeshadow between the parts of hair.
16. Put aquaphor or Vaseline around nails in order to get mess-free manicure.
17. To get a custom nail varnish at home, mix eyeshadow with your clear nail polish
18. BB creams are all in one foundation, sunscreen, and moisturizer
19. Coffee ground helps to exfoliate and remove dead cells from the face and whole body. After having your morning coffee, mix olive oil and coffee grounds and, use the mixture to massage your skin.
20. Beer is very helpful for the overall health of hairs. It provides nutrients, shine and moisture to hair. Use beer to rinse hair regularly.
21. Mixture of baking soda and water can be used to exfoliate your skin. It can also be used to whiten your teeth. Additionally, when mixed with couple of drops of aromatic essential oils, baking soda can be used as deodorant.
22. Use eye cream as a lip moisturizer.
23. Coconut oil can be used to shave your legs or hands. It helps to nourish and soften your skin and therefore, it can be used instead of body lotion. It also works as a hair conditioner.
24. Baby oil can be used as a bath oil and eye makeup remover.
25. Clay face pack can also work as hand or foot mask.
Hyper-pigmentation of the skin around the neck is one of the reasons for dark neck. People generally forget or ignore the neck area during shower that results in dark skin over time. Exposure to the sun for longer duration also leads to skin darkening around the neck. Although it is not a serious issue but, a dark neck may spoil your look and can be a reason for embarrassment. This condition can be treated with proper care. Here we are providing a few home remedies to treat dark neck naturally with easily available ingredients.
Almond: Vitamins present in almonds help to improve skin health. Mix almond powder with homey and milk and apply the paste on the dark skin. Let the pack dry for around 30 minutes and then wash the neck using water.
Aloe Vera: It helps to lighten up dark skin and offers a glowing and a brighter complexion. Scrub aloe Vera pulp on the dark neck and let it dry before washing. It works for every skin type.
Cucumber: Naturally present antioxidants and silica in cucumber helps to fade dark skin. Scrubbing with cucumber helps to cleanse the skin by removing dead cells and bring back its glow. Scrub cucumber pulp or juice on the dark area and leave it for few minutes and then wash the neck using cold water.
Honey: It is a natural moisturizer. Apply honey over the dark area and leave it for around 20 minutes. Wash the neck using water.
Lemon: Citric acid present in lemon acts as a bleaching agent. Apply lemon juice on the affected area and leave it for 15-20 minutes followed by washing using cold water. If your skin is sensitive, dilute it with water.
Olive Oil: It provides moisture to the skin. Apply a mixture of olive oil and lemon juice on the dark neck. Leave it for about 20 minutes followed by washing.
Orange peel: It helps to bleach the skin and thus lightens up the dark areas. Make a paste of orange peel powder and milk. Apply the paste on the dark neck. Let the paste dry for 20 minutes and then wash the neck with cold water.
Potato: It acts as a bleaching agent and helps to lighten the dark skin. Apply potato juice on the affected area. Let it dry for around 15 minutes and then wash the neck using cold water. For better and quicker results, you can also use a mixture of potato and lemon juice
Turmeric: It is antiseptic in nature and helps to treat skin problems. Make a pack using turmeric, milk and chickpea flour and apply it on the affected area. Let the pack dry for 30 minutes and the wash the neck using water.
Walnut: It helps to remove dead cells and thus lightens the dark skin. Prepare mixture of walnut powder and milk. Apply the paste on the dark area. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse the neck using water.
Yogurt: The acid present in yogurt helps to cleanse, moisturize and lighten up the dark skin. Rub yogurt on the affected area and leave it for 20 minutes before washing. You can also add lemon juice into yogurt for quick results.
Formation of dark spots is a very common problem especially, found among younger people. Exposure of skin to the sun results in the formation of melanocytes which generally leads to skin darkening. These dark spots are also named as hyper-pigmentation. Although, a skin darkening or dark spot is not a serious medical issue, it makes you look ugly.
Reasons that cause dark spots are – exposure of skin to the sun, hormonal imbalances, lack of skin care, stress, liver disorders, smoking, menopause etc. Several treatments are available to get rid of dark spots including natural as well as cosmetic treatments such as chemical peeling, laser treatments etc. However, cosmetic treatments are quite expensive. Therefore, treating dark spots naturally using easily available ingredients is both effective and inexpensive. Here we provide some easily implementable tips to remove dark spots.
1. Lemon Juice:
Acidic property of lemon helps to bleach the skin that results in easing of the dark spots. You can apply lemon juice directly (or mix it with sugar) on the affected area using cotton balls and allow it to dry for about 30 minutes and then rinse with cold water. If applied regularly, lemon juice application is the most effective remedy
It helps to fade dark spots naturally. Apply yogurt on the affected skin and allow it to dry for 20 minutes or leave it overnight for quicker results and then wash with cold water.
3. Aloe Vera:
For treating skin burns or dark spots, aloe vera is very effective. It provides moisture to the skin and helps to remove blackheads and rashes. Apply fresh aloe vera gel on the dark spots and leave it for 45 minutes followed by rinsing with cold water. Additionally, you can drink aloe vera juice regularly for faster results.
4. Caster oil:
It has therapeutic properties. Use caster oil to massage affected skin gently, twice a day.
It is antiseptic in nature. Add rose water, glycerin and lemon juice into sandalwood powder to make a face pack. Apply this pack over the skin and let it dry before washing. Also, you can use sandalwood oil to massage the affected area for better results.
Papaya is a natural source of enzymes, which helps to remove acne, dark spots and blemishes. Use papaya pulp to rub on the affected area and leave it around for 20 minutes and, then rinse it using cold water.
6. Red currants:
Add honey into mashed unripe red currants. Rub mixture on the affected skin and allow it to dry, later wash with cold water.
7. Sugar cube:
Use sugar cube to rub and exfoliate dead skin gently. Gycolic acid present in sugar helps to remove blemishes and lightens the dark skin.
8. Rose water:
You can apply rose water directly on the affected area to reduce darkening. Also, you can make paste by adding rose water into sandalwood powder and use it as a face pack as mentioned above.
It provides natural moisture to the skin and helps to fade dark spots. Apply honey on the affected area directly
It helps to cleanse and remove toxins from the body. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water daily to maintain skin moisture.